Actor Marvin Grays of Mixed Blood Theatre, Minneapolis, recited the words of Martin Luther King Jr. to remind all to keep King’s dream alive. The presentation of “Dr. King’s Dream” was one of many events that took place as a part of Concordia’s Martin Luther King Jr. Day celebration.
King’s words, as he fought for freedom with non-violence, still inspire courage today:
- “If we are wrong, Jesus of Nazareth was merely a Utopian dreamer.”
- “You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him.”
- “We must meet hate with love.”
- “If a man hasn’t found something that he will die for, he isn’t fit to live.”
- “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”